Thursday, December 6, 2007

Will wonders never cease!!!! ---- GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Okay, I am probably the only person on the planet that did not know that a certain local discount store would be having Webkinz interactive toys on special tomorrow for $12.00. But I do now!!

I went to my local discount store tonight, and they had them out on the shelf. I had been reading on some of the boards/groups that discount stores like WM, KMart, etc. had been trying to stock them for sale, so I just figured that mine had got it done. Well, I let the girls pick out one each as a treat for being good in the store. And when we got up to the counter to pay for them, they would not ring up at the register. Customer service called the main office in Bentonville AR, and was informed that it must have been a mistake on the part of an over-zealous stocking person and that they were not intended to be out today/tonight so they could not be sold today/tonight.

So the Customer Service person comes over to the register and FORCES MY CHILDREN TO GIVE BACK THE DAMN WEBKINZ while my youngest girl child (she is 3) is bawling because she had been so good in the store and the counter person is taking her Kinz-kinz away, with the explaination that it was all just a MISTAKE and she (the counter person) has to do it. They (the counter person and the checker) just kept telling her over and over again that she had to give it back (as she is crying and clutching the toy to her chest.) It was HORRIBLE!!!!

I have never been more livid in all my life. I still am. I understand that they aren't supposed to be on sale until tomorrow, and that it was a mistake to put them on the shelves today, but the least they could have done was offer to hold them for the girls until morning. Or something.

No comments: