Thursday, December 27, 2007

As the World Turns.... (aka. Christmas Vaca-y for us!)

Hmmmm....When I picked Cait up from school last Thursday for the start of her Christmas Vacation, I honestly never thought that it would go by this fast. It has been a week now, and it feels like just days have gone by. (It probably helps that she spent about 5 days or so at her dad's house when she was first out of school.) The girls and I have spent our days playing board games, and our evenings reading from the Complete Chronicles of Narnia collection (well, Cait and I have been reading it. Ini is really only good for a chapter or two and then she is out for the night. LOL)
The odd thing is that I am discovering my children all over again. Their personalities, their temperments, their ability to torture one another with their mere thoughts. I have never in my life known siblings to get along so poorly (possibly, my brother and I, but possibly not. LOL) I thought that MAYBE 4 yrs, and the fact that they are both girls, would make some kind of a difference. But I guess that sibling discontent runs rampant for all.
It is nice that I have been able to sew some though. I have managed to accomplish 2 tankie/shorts outfits, a coat shell, a tunic top, a peasant top, 2 pr of flannel pants, and an additional tank for my Cait in just the past 4 and a half days. So, maybe, this whole Christmas Vacation thing isn't so bad after all.
I still can't wait for January 3rd though.

No comments: