Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Well, the Holiday has come and gone...for most of us.

But not for us.
We (meaning, I) made the executive decision to wait until The Man gets home to officially begin our Christmas celebration. And the girls feel the same way (which is a good thing, 'cuz I gotta tell you, they don't really have much of a choice. LOL)
We are going to decorate the tree tomorrow (during the time when most of you are taking yours down) and then we will wait.
I, for one, would just like to have a holiday that occurs on the day it is supposed to. This makes Christmas #3 that The Man has missed, and last year we had to wait until the end of January to have dinner and gift exchanging. If we have to wait that long this year, I am just going to do it all without him and say "Oh, too bad, so sad, sucka!" (Not really, but that is what I will be thinking while he is whining about how he wasn't here for Christmas.)
Oh, yes, by-the-by, his mother -- she is just fine. No stroke, no heart problem, and (surprise, surprise) still a beeyyaatch. So basically, he has spent the past week in misery for a grand total of NOTHING. Yippee!!

1 comment:

Mom2fur said...

Oh, that's too bad he wasted his time. While I'm glad his mom is okay (I wouldn't wish ill on anyone) it's a shame he had to be there instead of with you.
I, for one, am keeping my tree up as long as I can. My husband asked when I wanted to take it down. I said, 'we only got it last Friday, and it's still fresh!' I'd like to keep it up until Little Christmas (Jan. 6) but at least until the New Year.
Hope you enjoy your belated Christmas!