Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Welcome 2008....maybe?!?!?!

Damn! Is it 2008 already? Where has the freakin' time went? Oh well, I am guessing that my "To Do in 2008" list will contain a vast majority of items that my "To Do in 2007" list did. Time sucks!
So, every year I like to sit down and think about the things that I have added to my vast pool of knowledge on which I can draw from during appropriate situations (this is also known as "useless shit I have managed to collect in my brain for that One-in-a-Million chance that I will appear on Jeopardy at some point.)
#1 -- Grocery stores can sell almost anything to a child simply by placing it in the checkout aisle (ex. This is a list of some of the items that my children have requested to purchase in the past year -- BBQ lighters (?), Doggie/Kittie mint flavored treats (??), dental floss, weird chapsticks, etc.)
#2 -- Fat Free cheese will NEVER melt, no matter how long you leave it in the oven. (And this is NOT something you want to experiment with if you have no idea how to turn off your smoke detectors.)
#3 -- Worms lay "eggs" (and I have actually watched one hatch. -We love our worms-)
#4 -- Children ALWAYS appreciate the parent that does NOT wash their hair in the bathtub the most (this requires no explanation.)
The list could go on and on...literally.
At this point, I am just wondering how much more useless knowledge could possibly be available in the universe for me to learn? I am guessing that 2008 will provide me with plenty more opportunities to store away useless shit, and I am guessing that it will all be just as informative as the last batch was.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

No comments: